Monday, April 04, 2005

This and that.

In the case of a face off between Sonia Gandhi and Narendra Modi for the post of prime minister of this country, who would you vote for?

I was asked this rather interesting question by a friend of mine, someone who is an outspoken critic of the "pseudo-seculars" congress and who wants the BJP to come to power in the next election so that the temple at Ayodhya is built.

I hope it never comes down to this. Choosing between a man who was compared to Nero by the supreme court and a lady whose only strength seems to be a magical surname. Considering the average Indian's obsession with fair skin, I wonder if Sonia Gandhi would have been so popular if she had been from Tanzania instead. I might just go for her- lesser of the two evils!

It was interesting to read that the members of the congress party had offered the party leadership to Sonia just 48 hours after Rajiv Gandhi's death. I am beginning to wonder if the congress party is absolutely impotent without a Gandhi at the helm. Well, we wont find out for a long time anyway.

There is a very good chance that the choice might be between Modi and Rahul Gandhi. Modi seems like the strongest candidate among the next generation of BJP leaders. Rahul Gandhi has everything going for him and its safe to say only a premature death can prevent him getting that post.

What about you. Who will get your vote?
*****
I was googling for Terms Of Endearment (the movie) and I came across this site.

http://www.yaelf.com/toe.shtml

It has been categorized neatly into whether the term can be used for men or women ( you don't really want to end up calling your girl friend a beard-splitter, for that matter how is THAT a term of endearment?)

My favourites are rumpy-diddle, schnooky lumps, shabookadook and shmoopsie-poo.The funny bit is that all of them are to be used on men!

What about local terms of endearment? I only know of Kannu Kutti! In the fine tradition of addressing loved ones after your favourite sweets,do you use Jalebi or Ladoo?!

9 Comments:

Blogger Vinod said...

local terms of endearment???? That's a thought..

What about Rasagulla?

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet Rabri has a sister by that name.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet Rabri has a sister by that name.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sharad said...

Sonia da ! Hands down ! I've been called psuedosecular on Orkut by this group of Hindu fanatics - the Orkutkarsevaks. Back in the good old days when I wasted around 5 hours a day on Orkut ...

Anyway, Modi is world class b******d and ironically, it took another world class b******d Bush denied him a Visa.. I'll never vote for the BJP as long as he's around. They're a good party da, but they have to de-worm the party, and it should start at Gujarat.

Anyway.... enough of my political rant - ensai !

3:20 PM  
Blogger P said...

Funny, my friend called me a pseudo secular as well! It doesnt look like Modi will ever leave the BJP. In fact he has been using the visa episode to his advantage. the b******.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Srikar said...

Incidentally Sonia looked real hot when she was in her teens...

10:46 AM  
Blogger P said...

lol! okay :)

6:03 AM  
Blogger AC said...

I would go with Sonia. And yes, only coz she's the lesser of the two evils... I wonder what term of endearment Rajiv used for Sonia...

And srikar, I'm sure someone sometime thought Modi looked hot... the poor chap will feel left out if his hotness is not mentioned. It helps that Gujarat has one the highest temperatures in the country every summer.

2:07 AM  
Blogger P said...

AC! What are you on about!?

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home